„Cross border joint research and awareness raising action in detecting environmental conditions. Establishing higher safety and protection measures of Maritime domain parts of Croatia and Montenegro“ - CoRE
Project „CoRE“ is EU/IPA project under component II, measure 1.1 Joint actions for environment, nature and cultural heritage protection.
Location of the action is Dubrovačko-neretvanska County (Croatia) and Montenegrin coastal area. Overall objective of this project is to contribute to improvement overall protection and preservation of eastern Adriatic coastline.
Specific objectives are:
- to establish safety protocols and new hydrographical maps (for waterway safety / habitat preservation researches) based on research and gathered date, concerning natural changes of coastline border in Croatia and Montenegro influenced by erosion from mainland and wave power from open sea.
- to increase general knowledge of wide groups of stakeholders on Maritime property (maritime demesne) component coast and its sustainable littoralisation .
Expected results of the project:
- project is well managed, efficient and effective, with increased institutional capacities for project management
- coastal environmental protection and preservation improved throughout cross-border institutional cooperation and mutual support, capacity building and data exchange
- established „new zero“ state and safety recommendations according to collected data for delicate and changing environment of delta Neretva, (approach to port Ploče, junction of Baćina lakes and sea), delta Bojana and Sutomorska and Mogren beach and Dubrovnik city walls foundation, interpreted in form of hydrographic survey and other scientific findings.
- wide public informed on basic “rights” of a sea coast, it’s formulation through Maritime domain regulations and Protocol of Integrated Coastal Zone Management.
Croatian partners on the project are: Hydrographic Institute of the Republic of Croatia (HHI), as leading partner and Institute for Marine and Coastal Research in Dubrovnik (IMP).
Montenegrin partners on the project are: Institute of Hydrometeorology and Seismology of Montenegro (IHMS) and Public Enterprise for Coastal Zone Management (JPMD).
Associate on the project is PAP/RAC from Split.
The project started in January 2016. The estimated duration is 23 months. The total value of the project for both sides is 569.876,39 eur.